Sunday 26 January 2014

Odeon Online goes live on Australia Day 2014!

Today, Australia Day 2014 'Odeon Online' goes public via FaceBook, via LinkedIn and via E-Mail, and feel free to share with friends, family, colleagues and acquaintances.

This is something I have been wanting to do for a little while now, and finally, with some time on my hands, here we are. Welcome to my first attempt at a Blog, welcome to 'Odeon Online'!

Whilst I have a passion for all things from Moviedom; an avid cinema goer; and a consumer of reviews, news, updates and the goings on in the world of the moving picture it is only now that I commit this to cyberspace for all the world to see. Up to now my reviews have been limited to FaceBook and seen by my nearest and dearest friends there, but this is all about to change!

But first, a little about me. A British and Australian citizen I have resided in Sydney since 1995 having relocated from the UK with a food service company I was working for at the time. The bulk of my career has been spent in hospitality in some shape or form working in senior management operational and business development roles, with a brief period in between time in the world of recruitment and automotive retailing. Hospitality though is in my blood, food & beverage is second nature, and the people that make it happen or have been part of that journey have forged long and lasting friendships.

Many of these people are my valued connections on FaceBook and LinkedIn and as such have often seen my movie reviews and said that I should create a blog, write for a local newspaper, go freelance or do something to get greater exposure and share my thoughts . . . so once again, here we go, and welcome!

What you'll get from me is a periodical review of the latest cinematic offering I have seen, and my honest opinion of that experience. In between you might get snippets of other information, or downloads of something else of silver screen relevance . . . or not as the case may be! Either way, you can judge for yourself and I don't always expect you to agree with me . . . that's fine too, and you can be your own judge.

I've posted my recent reviews already (simply scroll down or access via the left hand 'Blog Archive' column and click on the movie or article you wish to read about) and I've dragged some from the archives going back a few months. There's plenty more too in my movie review history books and so I'll be drip feeding those in as we progress for your DVD viewing, or interest in what has gone before. You can e-mail me too if you have something to share at : odeonobituary@gmail.com

Bear with me also if you will while I fine tune and construct my Blog - it's a work in progress and I'm a first timer!

Enjoy the read, I welcome any feedback, and remember the movies . . .  see as many as you can!

-Steve, at Odeon Online-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Odeon Online - please let me know your thoughts?